Sunday Post: September 21
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
View this week’s Sunday Post entries here.
I don’t really have much to say as preamble this week, so we’ll just jump right into it.
This week I posted:
- The Witch With No Name (The Hollows #13) by Kim Harrison
- Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires #9) by Chloe Neill
- None this week 😦
- Monday Morning Musings: 2014 Publisher Predictions – Part 2, where I wrote about some of the publishers’ predictions for 2014 and what we’ve seen so far
- Top Ten Tuesday: September 16, where I wrote about 10 authors I’ve only read one book of an need to read more
- I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Jen at Bibliophage
- I hosted a tour stop for The Sunken (Engine Ward #1) by Steff Green (review to come next week)
- Guest Post by Elizabeth Holloway, Author of Call Me Grim, where Elizabeth wrote a scene from Call Me Grim from the POV of Aaron, the reaper in the book (oh, and there’s a giveaway too)
In the real world:
I took a slow week at work and only worked a regular 40 hours. It was lovely. Does that mean I got more reading done? Not really. But I did watch several movies with the boyfriend, which was some much needed cuddle time.
I won another giveaway, so I’ll be reading Steel Lily (Periodic #1) by Megan Curd pretty soon. Thanks Books for a Delicate Eternity for hosting the giveaway.
I didn’t make any progress on the new blog that this will be moving to. Which means I’m now off schedule or trying to hit the end of the month. Since I have an exam next weekend, I doubt I’ll make up for the lazy week. But hey, no biggie. You’ll just have to wait a little longer to see the beauty-ousness of the new site. 😉
I also didn’t do any writing, though I’m still feeling that tickle that says I should be. I really was lazy this week. Seriously lazy. And I needed it!
I’m starting to clean out my TBR, though. I went through an made sure that all of the books I’ve recently said I was adding were on it. And I’ve added all of the books on my physical shelves that I needed to get around to were on it. I think there are a few on my kindle that I need to add, but I’m kind of afraid to go digging through the massive quantity of books on its cloud. I need to somehow prioritize all of these. With about 300 books to go through from just the last couple of years I’m a little overwhelmed and not sure where to start. And it’s mostly because I know it’s just the tip of the iceberg (as I mentioned, I didn’t even touch the Kindle cloud books)
Do you have any suggestions on how to do a TBR clean-up?
Planned reviews for next week:
- The Sunken (Engine Ward #1) by Steff Green
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
Other posts planned:
- Blog Tour: Escapement (Neumarian Chronicles #1) by Ciara Knight
Posts I’ve enjoyed reading this week:
- Review: Velveteen by Daniel Marks at Lili Lost in a Book
- Lazy Saturday Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead at Lipsyy Lost and Found
- Blog Tour: The Vault of Dreamers by @CaraghMOBrien at Step Into Fiction
- Review: Ghost Heart by Ripley Patton at City of Books
- Audiobook Review: Blood of My Blood at The Nocturnal Library
- 28 Reasons Why Being a Bookworm Actually Sucks at Notebook Sisters (seriously, this post was hysterical and super true)
- 12 PLACES TO PUT YOUR BOOKS (WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF SHELF SPACE) by The Loony Teen Writer
- Interview with Will Ritter Author of Jackaby + Giveaway at My Friends are Fiction
- TO OUTLINE OR NOT TO OUTLINE? WHAT A STUPID QUESTION! by R. G. Tamaki
- New study reveals third group of ancient ancestors of modern Europeans by Sarit Yahalomi
- 10 Things Authors Worry About by Sarah A. Thompson